After close to 12 months of planning, SHRM 2009 is finally upon us. SHRM is always an exciting time for us, and it’s our largest event to interact with customers and prospects. Once again we’ve tried to pull out all the stops to ensure everyone has a great experience. SHRM is not only a time to educate employers on our evolving solutions designed to drive business success in this changing economy, but also a time to kick back and have some fun. This year the CareerBuilder team is also packing in time to give back to the local New Orleans community alongside other SHRM attendees, by working with Beacon of Hope to rebuild homes in Gentilly, LA.
With all the activity over the next few days, we built a virtual site to keep you up to date with everything happening at the CareerBuilder booth and the conference as a whole. This site is designed for all of you at the SHRM conference, and all of you who were unable to make the trip this year.
Stay tuned for:
- Video updates featuring our Top Chef cooking session on Sunday June 28, information on all CareerBuilder presentations, updates on our new solutions and more
- Live blogging from The Hiring Site and our friends at The Work Buzz
- Up-to-the-moment Twitter updates from our four main accounts: @CBforEmployers, @CareerBuilder, @CareerBuilderPR and @CBforJobSeekers
Other features of the site:
- The full schedule of events for the CareerBuilder booth, including presentation times and demonstrations
- Updates from our PR team and the CareerBuilder SHRM press kit, including information on CareerBuilder’s latest product launches
- Suggestions of what to do and where to eat put together by New Orleans natives Mary Lorenz, blogger for The Hiring Site, and her sister Kate Lorenz, blogger for The Work Buzz
- Link to CareerBuilder’s new online brochure highlighting our progression from the nation’s largest job site to the global leader in human capital solutions
- Link to the CareerBuilder store, in case you miss the opportunity to score some of our CareerBuilder Koala swag
We encourage all of you at the show, and those of you following online, to interact with us either at the booth or virtually. Leave us a comment on this post or send a tweet to one of our four Twitter accounts about what you’d like to see us cover in depth. We’ll try to incorporate it into our live coverage at the event. We’re really excited about the show this year and hope all of you in New Orleans enjoy the event! Don’t forget to stop by booth # 2037 and say hello.
Visit the site at www.careerbuilder.com/SHRM2009.
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.