While you were busy scoring tickets to a screening of “New Moon” this weekend, fighting back your tears at the announcement that Oprah is canceling her show after a 25-year run, or wondering how you’re going to fill the void of your Pumpkin and Eggo Casserole this Thanksgiving, news in the hiring and recruiting world may have slipped right by you. Not to worry — we’ll catch you up.
- Turns out there’s at least 15 ways to determine if your workplace is dysfunctional — read ’em and (hopefully) don’t weep.
- Many workers fear that settling for a survival job may = career suicide. (Employers, what do you think?)
- Surprised? Heavier workloads + longer hours x strained resources = low employee morale.
- Innocent mistake or just plain careless? Recruiter offers job via e-mail — to the wrong candidate. Yikes!
- Employers beware: office stickups and robberies are on the rise.
- Bailed-out companies and 2009 holiday parties? Not so much. A better idea? Team volunteering.
- Did you know? For the first time ever, women hold half the jobs in the U.S.
- It turns out most Fortune 100 companies need a Twitter tutorial. Stat.
- Taking time off from work for the Thanksgiving holiday? Ensure a stress-free vacation!
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.