We’ve all heard stories about “difficult” interview questions. Rarely, however, do those stories focus on the interviewer, so…For our latest “We Ask, You Win” contest, The Hiring Site is asking you to share with us: Has a job candidate ever asked you a question that you found particularly difficult to answer?
- Perhaps, for example, a candidate asked a question that threw you off-guard and made you change the way you prepare yourself or your team for interviews…
- Or maybe a candidate asked about something you never would have thought would be important to them (like your corporate social responsibility or green initiatives), thus making you rethink how you sell your company to job candidates…
- Or perhaps a candidate asked about something your company didn’t currently offer (like a certain benefit), that you had never considered before…
Whether you didn’t know the answer, didn’t know how to answer, or perhaps you knew that the answer wasn’t what the candidate wanted to hear…We want to hear from you to tell us the question, how you handled it and, most importantly, what you learned from the experience.
By sharing your experiences of how you handled a difficult interview question – or how you later wish you’d answered it – you will be helping your fellow hiring managers and recruiters…
- Prepare better for the interview process
- Gain a better understanding of what potential employees want in employer
- Enhance your overall recruiting process
And just to sweeten the deal….Just by telling us how a job candidate “stumped” you – and the lesson that came out of it – you’ll automatically be entered for the chance to win a 5th Generation iPod Nano.
(Free advice and the chance to win a new toy? Doesn’t seem like such a bad deal.)
How to enter:
Simply answer this question – “What interview question from a job seeker has ever stumped you, and how did it change the way you think about your company’s recruitment process?”– in the comments section below, and you’ll automatically be entered to win a brand new 5th Generation iPod Nano. (Feel free to post anonymously, too. It won’t hurt your chances to win – so long as you abide by the terms and conditions.)
Entries will be accepted from 12:00 a.m. CST on Monday, April 19, 2010 until 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, April 23, 2010. Each account may only submit one answer for consideration; subsequent entries will not be considered. Spam responses will not be considered. The winner will be picked at random and notified via e-mail the week of April 26, 2010. Please read the full list of official contest rules and regulations.
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.