While you were busy getting the makeover no one really thought you needed in the first place, forgetting to press “end call,” or downloading CareerBuilder’s latest hiring forecast (what’s that? It’s free? Okay!)…here’s what was happening in the world of workforce management this week…
- Johnny Depp did not write history’s greatest cover. He just played the guy who did on film.
- A new healthcare waiver helps employers get off easy. Their employees? Mmm…not so much.
- Obama addresses “women’s issues,” Warren Buffet at the Most Powerful Women conference.
- Some of these “workplace don’ts” are funny, and some are true, but all are funny because they’re true.
- Remember when United Airlines announced its merged with Continental? Neither did we. But anyway, the CEO is very excited about it.
- Doesn’t Rick Sanchez know that the cool way to be fired is to make controversial public statements on Facebook – not national TV (hello!)?
- Older workers are watching their 401(k) accounts shrink right alongside their bones. And finally…
- This survey about restaurant employees working while sick may have you eating TV dinners for a while.