While you were busy taking the inaugural ride on the official Farewell Season jet, starting a petition to make Spoonachos happen (can we, please?), or not being quite ready yet to call it water under the bridge,here’s what was happening in the world of workforce management this week…
- Your employees might be more productive if they would just simmer down now.
- If you didn’t make Forbes’ list of the most powerful leaders, take heart: there’s always next year.
- Awkward! Bosses aren’t quite the amazing managers they think they are.
- (…but if you’re like President George W. Bush, Kanya West will be there to set you straight.)
- Employees at one McDonald’s franchise got a little something extra in their most recent paychecks.
- Speaking of being a better manager, looks like Uncle Sam needs some help in that department, too.
- Water cooler chats aren’t just good for employee hydration needs.
- Perhaps tired of hearing the old “A Cow Broke Into My House” excuse, many employers are changing their sick leave policies. And finally…
- Encouraging your workers to do yoga could be a good (wait for it…) ommmmen for your company
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.