While some indicators suggest the veteran employment situation is improving, this problem isn’t going away, but instead becoming more of a challenge: According to whitehouse.gov, more than 1 million service members are projected to leave the military between 2011 and 2016.
Announcing a New Tool for Veteran Recruitment:
This guide is designed for human resource professionals, hiring managers and recruiters who want to better their search for trained, reliable talent by jump-starting a new military recruiting and retention program or improving an existing one.
This guide covers some of the following topics:
- The value that veterans bring to an organization and how to make the business case to target veterans part of your overall human capital management strategy.
- Ideas for developing a military-focused recruiting strategy and offers suggestions for creating “military-friendly” HR policies.
- How to ease your new hire’s transition to a civilian work culture and how to support your mobilized employees and their families.
Mission Critical Recruitment Webinar:
While you may have missed the live webinar on November 7, you can still download the recast, or flip through the slides below. The hour-long webinar, led by by Lisa Rosser, military recruiting expert and author of “The Value of a Veteran™”, and Brian Donahue, vice president of sales strategy at CareerBuilder, covered information shared in the guide as well as a Q&A session with the presenting experts.
Maximizing Employer and Veteran Potential: CareerBuilder’s Involvement:
As a leader in talent acquisition, CareerBuilder is in a unique position to help. Not only are we experts at helping candidates find positions where they can maximize their potential, but we also specialize in matching them to businesses that are ready to grow. We are proud to partner with business of all sizes, empowering them to perform better by attracting top-notch talent. We’re gratified when we can link an eager job seeker with the job of their dreams. And as more and more U.S. veterans transition back into the civilian workforce, we will remain focused on helping them — and their employers — maximize their potential.
American Freedom Foundation Inc.: The American Freedom Foundation provides grants to organizations that support veterans, including those related to employment. The foundation has a special focus on aiding wounded or disabled veterans and their families, as well as the children of those killed in action. CareerBuilder partners with the American Freedom Foundation to host free hiring events. In an exclusive Q&A, CareerBuilder’s director of federal civilian solutions, Jen Fritz and SMA Jack Tilly and Ted Hacker, co-founders of the AFF, discuss the mutual benefits of hiring military veterans and share recruitment tips for bringing veterans into the workforce. Learn more at: http://cb.com/AFF
America Wants You: America Wants You brings together the private sector and corporate America to find job opportunities for men and women who have served in the U.S. military. CareerBuilder powers the job-search engine, which is free for both veterans and companies. More than 50,000 jobs are available in a variety of fields at companies across the U.S. Learn more at www.americawantsyou.net.
Military Times: Military Times has teamed up with CareerBuilder on a new career site for service members and veterans. The site hosts a wide range of jobs across industries from employers eager to hire veterans and a comprehensive tool set for veterans to use in their job search. Employers in turn will be able to quickly reach a nationwide pool of veteran talent that is quick to learn, trained to take initiative, and adaptable to change.
At MilitaryTimes.com/jobs, veterans can:
- Access a skills-translator that uses a veteran’s military job code to find the civilian jobs that best match the veteran’s skills.
- Search for jobs by occupation, company, industry and location, and post up to five versions of their resume to appeal to a wider cast of employers.
- Check out articles featuring job search and workplace advice for veterans.
- Stay up to date on the latest job fairs and hiring trends for veterans.