People are so much more than the skills or work history listed on their résumés. With Job Seeker Spotlight, we give individuals the opportunity to highlight their creativity, personality and passion to employers who are looking to hire today. To connect with any of our featured individuals, log into the Resume Database and search by name and location. If you don’t currently have access, subscribe today.
Today’s featured job seeker is Mary Grace White from Nashville, Tenn.
Continue reading to learn more about White:
- What is your desired position/title? Registered Nurse
- In what industry are you looking for work? Health care
- What makes you, as a candidate, unique? I have more than 20 years experience at the bedside of medical and surgical patients as well as having spent six of those years at the chairside of the chronic end-stage renal patients receiving dialysis.
- How do you demonstrate passion for your work or your profession? My biggest pet peeve in our health care system is the lack of preventive care. We have a crisis management system at best. Education is my real forte. I love working with patients who want to understand their illness and how they can make their lives better. I also enjoy the patients who don’t understand and don’t particularly want to, but if I can get their attention by helping them to understand that the choices they’re making are bad for them, then they begin to see that maybe they should try another way.
- How do you stay informed about changes or advances in your chosen profession/industry? I stay informed by reading articles from reliable sources and talking with peers. Most of the changes however are about technology, which is always changing and evolving. Surgical techniques are always changing, monitoring is always evolving, but the one thing that hasn’t changed and shouldn’t is the use of the five senses that most of us are born with.
- What’s the best piece of career advice you’ve ever gotten? Never do something for one patient that you can’t reasonably do for another.
Want to connect with Mary Grace? Find her in the Resume Database today!
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.