People are so much more than the skills or work history listed on their résumés. With Job Seeker Spotlight, we give individuals the opportunity to highlight their creativity, personality and passion to employers who are looking to hire today. To connect with any of our featured individuals, log into the Resume Database and search by name and location. If you don’t currently have access, subscribe today.
Meet Nancy Barker from Seattle, Wash.
- What is your desired position/title? Event planner.
- In what industry are you looking for work? Marketing, advertising.
- What makes you, as a candidate, unique? When others are roadblocked with conventional methods to solving problems, I forge ahead with my pioneering spirit to create new avenues of resolving issues. I’m not afraid to think outside the box in any given situation; in fact I embrace it.
- How do you demonstrate passion for your work or your profession? Each day I go to work I lay my integrity on the line. I want the organization to know how much I believe in my work and how much I believe it’s right for them. I plan an event beginning and ending with details; every detail you can imagine. I want the company and the attendants to walk away from an event waiting to be invited to the next one.
- How do you stay informed about changes or advances in your chosen profession/industry? I belong to a number of forums and groups that are active in the field of Event Management, Event Planning, Special Events nationally and internationally, Career Advice for Event Professionals, and Problem Solving for Event Professionals. They offer webinars, blogs, specialized group topics, continuous discussions, and information about conventions and trade shows.
- What’s the best piece of career advice you’ve ever gotten? Don’t be afraid to ask for help or admit when you’re wrong. Not everyone has ALL the answers.
Find Nancy in the Resume Database today!Related