While you were busy learning what the the Power Rangers have been up to for the last two decades, giving Miley Cyrus the advice she probably never asked for, being typical celebrity parents or preparing for International Bacon Day, here’s what you may have missed in the world of workforce news this week…
- Managers are, ahem, hung up on employees who don’t use phones. [Wall Street Journal]
- Open offices are the devil’s work, according to some. [Open Forum]
- Apparently there’s some sort of workplace debate over e-cigarettes…? [Zanesville Times Recorder]
- Companies are going BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). [MarketWatch]
- Employers are all, “PPACA? Bring it on.” [BenefitsPro]
- A new SEC rule could make for some extremely awkward company picnics. [Forbes]
- Highly paid CEOs are the worst. (No, they really are, though.) [Los Angeles Times]
- CEOs are doing Burning Man all wrong. [Fast Company]
- Hair care is the new health care. [MarketWatch]
- Working overtime is literally making people sick. [Yahoo! News]
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.