While you were busy scaring your co-workers half to death, hoping that if Facebook can get Betty White on SNL, it can also save your marriage (good luck!), accidentally winning a marathon or feeling VERY secure in your job, here’s what you may have missed in the world of workforce news this week…
- North Dakota is winning the economic recovery. [USAToday]
- State employees just got a huge bump in bonus pay.[Wasau Daily Herald]
- Interns are mad as hell and they’re not going to take it anymore. [GigaOM]
- Middle skill jobs are going the way of the Dodo bird, rotary phones and Ryan Lochte’s reality show. [WSJ]
- Perhaps taking advice from Fleetwood Mac, USPS goes its own way with health benefits [Benefits Pro]
- Domestic workers in California can rest a little easier now. [The Nation]
- Messy employees > clean employees, says study. [National Post]
- Watching ‘Breaking Bad’ is basically the same as attending business school. [The Economist]
- In “That’s good, right?” news: Fewer workers are struggling to make ends meet. [CBSNews][The Hiring Site]
- No, seriously, you should consider putting a nap room in your office. Science says so. [Fast Company]
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.