While you were busy claiming to be the voice of Siri, living up to your namesake, quitting your job via soon-to-be-viral video, responding to that video with one of your own or spoofing both of those videos because why not?…Here’s what you may have missed in the world of workforce news.
- Perhaps you heard about this little thing called a government shutdown?
- Not having a 401(k) might not be okay. [WSJ]
- More work doesn’t necessarily equal better work. Truth. [The Economist]
- Bad hires can cost companies as much as $840,000. (Kinda makes putting in the time to check those references worth it, eh?) [Inc.com]
- Eighteen percent of the workforce could be gone in five years.[LifeHealthPro]
- …Which is okay, because we’ll soon be able to replace them with robots. [news.com.au]
- A new survey explains how to satisfy a woman (in technology, at least). [Fast Company]
- Like breaking up, retiring in full might take a few tries…[U.S. News & World Report]
- Sorry, Rice-a-Roni, flex schedules are the new San Francisco treat. [SFGate]
- National and local businesses do furloughed employees a solid. [AddictingInfo.org]
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.