While you were busy doing an injustice to your Boy Scout nature badge, announcing Mike Myers’ new baby, passing the $1 billion mark, making a controversial career choice or getting ready to throw one heck of a party…Here’s what you may have missed in the world of workforce news.
- Health care savings accounts are popular, but they’re not for everyone. [Sacramento Bee]
- Companies are starting to take the ‘human’ out of human resources. [Bloomberg]
- Maternity leave isn’t just good for mom and baby. [USA Today]
- Technology workers are giving CEO’s a run for their money. [Chicago Tribune]
- Workers think they’re too good for their jobs. [The Atlantic]
- Yahoo employees who miss being able to telework have plenty of other options. [Biz Journals]
- You’ve really gotta stop using business jargon, fyi. [Kronos]
- The theory that creative types work best under pressure is basically bull. [Fortune]
- Candidates are a little bit less of a mystery now. [TLNT] [TheHiringSite]
- Here’s an interactive timeline of the shutdown you’ve been asking for. [New York Times]
Forget what you think you know about HR... it's all about to change.
Sign up to start getting exclusive content designed to empower you with the insight necessary to go from HR professional to strategic business partner.