Vegas. It’s a place where you can lose your inhibitions for a few days, then pack up, head back home, and, as the famous slogan tells us, have what happened in Vegas… well, stay there.
But wait: By doing that, you’ll have no photographic evidence of your crazy adventures – and consequently no chance of winning the fabulous prizes CareerBuilder is giving away at this year’s SHRM booth (Booth # 2321, for those of you taking notes). This year, we’re upping the ante at SHRM 2015 and offering up two ways to win our much-coveted CareerBuilder Orange Converse All Stars®– and THIS year, you can ham it up all around town for a chance to win.
How? Simply grab one of our #SAASyCB t-shirts at CareerBuilder Booth #2321, then take a picture of yourself anywhere around Vegas (or at the 3D photo booth at our SHRM booth) and either:
(1) Tweet your photo to @CBforEmployers using both the #SaaSyCB and #SHRM15 hashtags, or
(2) Share your photo on Instagram using both the #SaaSyCB and #SHRM15 hashtags. (See complete contest details here.)
Here’s my (and my fellow CB colleagues’) list of 15 lucky places to get your picture taken in Vegas and enter for your chance to win:
- At one of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino pools after too many Miami Vices (and not enough sunscreen).
- At the Little White Wedding Chapel (after getting married, or pre-divorced… same thing?!). Bonus if you have an Elvis impersonator in the picture. Or if you get married to one.
- At a poker table while spotting your identical hand twin a la Joey Tribiani of “Friends.”
- With “Mr. Las Vegas,” Wayne Newton. Barring that, a Wayne Newton impersonator.
- At the Mermaid Bar & Lounge (pro tip: taking the picture after you jump into the tank and join the other dancers will give you more of a “wow” factor).
- In front of an Olivia Newton-John marquee (wearing black Spandex pants – or any pants – is optional). Or with her wax figure at Madame Tussauds… not sure which is creepier.
- At one of the many buffets after you’ve built a homemade all-you-can-eat sushi fort around yourself.
- On the NY NY Roller Coaster (preferably NOT after scarfing down all that all-you-can-eat sushi).
- At a slot machine at any of the 4,325,600 casinos nearby (sporting a Kim Kardashian-esque cry face if you lose may not make you happy, but it’ll give us a good laugh).
- At Caesar’s Palace, pretending to steal a towel from the pool. (Hey, we hear they’re incredibly soft.)
- In front of the Grand Canal as someone is being awkwardly serenaded on an indoor gondola ride behind you.
- With David Copperfield — if you can find him.
- At the Bellagio fountains. Or in them. Having a Super Soaker fight with David Copperfield.
- Conducting a random act of kindness, Vegas-style (you know, filling up the slot machine with change and walking away, or (your pay-it-forward idea here).
- Bonus Location: While spinning any number of prize wheels and simultaneously making your “The Price is Right” dreams come true. Oh wait – you can do this and win at CareerBuilder Booth #2321 during SHRM with our “Spin for Kicks” game!